Wednesday 12 February 2014

That Pungent Image


Some things just happen to go by
Detailed they be but yet miss our eye


You see, some times, beauty lies in the weirdest of places. I was in the Khar Danna slums last week, working on a project, simultaneously trying to finish my college photography project. I’m no pro at working with photography, my best lies in my mind and my typing machine. However, this one picture is something that has caught me for a while. How detailed can a slum setting be? How colourful. Yet, to us, our perception limits us only to see the dullness and poverty. Of course that is what you will see emphasised here too, but take your mind off the conventional thinking and try to see the intricate beauty that this lovely, pungent image holds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment